Registration and additional information may be found via the LAWS website at http://www.lawadmissionsworkshopseries.com/.
The Duke D.C. Summer Institute offers short courses taught by Duke Law faculty on topics of broad interest to college and graduate students, as well as professionals working in D.C.
Evening courses will highlight hot topics in the national dialogue such as the constitutionality of affirmative action in higher education and state bans on same-sex marriage and national security law.
- Session One: July 6-16, 2015
- How to “Think Like a Lawyer”: Introduction to Legal Reasoning (Siegel)
- Hot Topics in National and International Security Law (Dunlap)
- Session Two: July 20-30, 2015
- Introduction to Law & Economics (Richman)
- Sex, Drugs, and Money: Law, Life, and the Emergence of Biotechnology (Cook-Deegan)
- From Obamacare to Gay Rights: Introduction to Constitutional Law (Siegel)
Registration for Summer 2015 Now Open! Click here to register for this great opportunity!
More information can be found here: http://law.duke.edu/dcinstitute/
Michigan State Law webinars:
- Tuesday, April 14, 7:30 p.m., EST: Law School 101: Insights from Current MSU Law Students
- Tuesday, June 9, 7:30 p.m., EST: Insiders’ Guide to Gaining Admission and Receiving Scholarship Aid at US Law Schools
- Wednesday, July 24, 7:30 p.m., EST: Legal Careers Panel
The Hazing Prevention Committee and Theta Chi present
Mock Trial Event
Tuesday, March 3rd, 6:00-6:45
Wilks Theater, Armstrong Student Center
Featuring Dave Westol, Founder, Owner, and CEO of Limberlost Consulting and Judge Nick Selvaggio, a Miami Alumni
White & Case LLP/ DSM Manila
Pre-Law Program Internship Abroad
Miami’s Pre-Law Program and White & Case LLP have partnered to provide Miami’s pre-law students with a unique legal internship opportunity!
WHO: Two Miami Pre-Law Students. Must be juniors registered to take the June 2015 LSAT. AND
White & Case and DSM Manila, a subsidiary of White & Case, an international law firm based in New York City with offices worldwide.
WHAT: A 7-week internship (6 weeks paid). Two Miami pre-law students will spend a few days in White & Case’s NYC office for an orientation, then travel to DSM Manila where they will learn what happens behind the scenes of a large, global law firm by rotating through the firm’s following business support departments:
- Conflicts and New Business Department
- Finance Department
- Marketing Department or Knowledge Department (student selects one)
WHERE: NYC and Manila, Philippines
WHEN: June 21, 2015-August 9, 2015 (tentative)
COSTS: Student will receive a stipend in the amount of $235 per week while in Manila, which will generally cover living expenses.
White & Case will cover the cost of lodging during orientation in NYC.
Students are generally expected to cover the cost of airfare, lodging and food in Manila, and VISA fees.
(More details will be provided at the interview stage).
CONTACT: Maria P. Vitullo, Esq.
Director, Miami University Pre-Law Program