The Sidley Prelaw Scholars Program is targeted at diverse students who are planning to matriculate to law school in the fall of 2018.
Attached is the new brochure for the 2017-2018 Sidley Prelaw Scholars Program which highlights additional information about the program. The application and recommendation form are also attached.
Link to register and to see the list of schools and chat times: https://www.careereco.com/Fair/EventDetails?fairId=9efa1e96-3688-44b4-b606-a65200d69a89 Chat times are listed as Central time! Chat times vary by school and can start as early as 8/9am or last until 4/5pm, with several schools open most or all of the day; students can drop in and out as their classes and other responsibilities allow!
The Office of Admissions at Columbia Law School is hosting a live online information session and Q&A on Wednesday October 26th, 2016 at 3:00pm EST. Associate Director of Admissions Amy Hung and Suparna Reddy ’17 will address a variety of topics relating to the law school admissions process, curriculum, student life on campus, career opportunities in the Midwest, and more.
The MSU Law Admissions Office will host a variety of on-campus and online programs this fall for undergraduates who are exploring law as a career and those who have decided to apply for admission to law school. The programs will offer global insights about legal education, legal careers, and the law school admission application process. Some programs will focus on MSU Law specifically. All events are offered at no charge; however, advance registration is required.
- Tues., August 2, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Legal Careers Panel Presentation with Practicing Attorneys
- Weds., August 3, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Strategies for Success on the LSAT
- Tues., August 23, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Tips for Assembling a Competitive Law School Admission Application
- Thurs., August 25, 12:00 p.m., EDT: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admissions, and Scholarships
- Tues., Sept. 13, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Insiders’ Guide to Gaining Admission and Scholarship Aid at US Law Schools
- Weds., Sept. 21, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Law School 101: Insights from Current Law Students
- Tues., Sept. 27, 7:30 p.m., EDT: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admissions, and Scholarships
- Weds., Sept. 28, 7:30 p.m., EDT: 10 Tips for Success in the Law School Admissions Process
- Weds., October 5, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Marathon Training for Maximizing Your LSAT Score
- Weds., October 12, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Legal Careers Panel Presentation
- Tues., October 18: 12:00 p.m., EDT: MSU Law Preview: Academics, Admissions, and Scholarships
- Tues., October 18: 7:30 p.m., EDT: Crafting a Winning Law School Personal Statement
- Weds., October 19: 7:30 p.m., EDT: Should I Become a Lawyer? A Roadmap for Those Thinking About Law School
- Weds., October 26, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Recommendations for Assembling Competitive Law School Application
- Weds., November 2, 7:30 p.m., EDT: Welcome to My World: a Panel Discussion with Law School Admission Deans
- Tues., November 8, 7:30 p.m., EST: Pathways to Becoming a Professional: a Guide for Pre-Law Students
- Weds., November 16, 7:30 p.m., EST: Competencies Legal Employers Want & Legal Career Outlook
- Tues., December 13, 7:30 p.m., EST: Sensible Strategies for Financing Law School